So a few days ago i noticed my note 4 starting to lag when opening apps, typing messages and even answering and making calls. So I did all the usual stuff (Soft reset, cleared the cache of all the apps) it still persisted and got worse over the next day and would just freeze up when opening apps and then rebooting.
    So I wiped the partition to see if that helped (it didn't). So I did a factory reset and it is still happening.
    I'm out of ideas on what it could be apart from maybe a corrupted system process.
    Phone details are;
    Galaxy Note 4
    N910G
    Telstra Australia
    Android 5.1.1
    Hopefully you will have some ideas on how to fix this.

Thanks,
    Matt
    07-22-2016 09:06 PM
    So a few days ago i noticed my note 4 starting to lag when opening apps, typing messages and even answering and making calls. So I did all the usual stuff (Soft reset, cleared the cache of all the apps) it still persisted and got worse over the next day and would just freeze up when opening apps and then rebooting.
    So I wiped the partition to see if that helped (it didn't). So I did a factory reset and it is still happening.
    I'm out of ideas on what it could be apart from maybe a corrupted system process.
    Phone details are;
    Galaxy Note 4
    N910G
    Telstra Australia
    Android 5.1.1
    Hopefully you will have some ideas on how to fix this.

Thanks,
    Matt
    Hey Matt,

Your phone is probably indexing the files on the system. I would suggest that after a factory data reset that you leave the device alone for about 30 minutes to 1 hour. After this, just do a quick reboot (soft reboot) and see if the behaviour persists.

Hope it helps!
    07-22-2016 09:28 PM