How do I stop my battery draining so fast after rooting my device?

A

AC Question

Hello,
I wanted to access something on my phone a few weeks ago, and in order to do it, I rooted it with an app called "King Root". I wanted to do this to spoof my GPS, so I used google for help.
Now, a few weeks later, may battery is draining very quickly and charging very slowly. The phone also gets very hot at the top, above the battery. Not just warm, but so hot that I've removed the case and put it next to a fan several times, out of fear that it would melt something.
Before the phone would last 12 hours or so, with me casually using it for games and other things. Now it's lasting about an hour if I'm using it, and the power goes down ever so quickly.
This didn't happen immediately, but just today, the phone has told me to install a samsung app, to do with sharing power or something, every time I plug it in to charge,
I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S4, and the warranty has already expired, so whatever advice I can get for fixing would be great.
I can also provide screenshots from my phone, if any of that's a help.
Thanks for reading, and please don't be too technical because I'm a noob obvoiusly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol