Hi, I have a MotoX second gen and my auto rotate stopped working. Yes everything is turned on. The twist to turn on the camera does work, but the shake to turn on flashlight does not.

I tried a restart but this did not help. Do you guys think a factory reset would help or is does it sound like a sensor broke? I haven't dropped it or anything. Thanks a lot.
    07-23-2016 08:04 AM
    You're saying the camera rotates but the screen in normal operation does not so then my question is, with the camera up do the buttons and controls rotate when you turn the camera? Most cameras when you rotate the device the on screen controls rotate to the device orientation so a simple test would be to bring up the camera and rotate it from one long edge to the other and see if the buttons and controls rotate also. If they do rotate it may just be a glitch. If they do not it could be the sensor. Do it and note the outcome, then Google, device, check, code/master settings, moto x. You should find a code something like ##1234## that you dial from the number pad of the phone. In that list there is a check function and it checks all the sensors and buttons on the device. It will ask for user input at times but when it's done it will show you a report of its findings.
    belodion likes this.
    07-23-2016 09:00 AM
    Try a Cache Partition wipe. If no go try Safe Mode.

Edit...Posted same moment as above.
    07-23-2016 09:01 AM
    Sorry. What meant was the "twist" to turn on camera is functioning but the "chop" to turn on flash light does not. The camera does not rotate. I tried the code *#9090# but the call can not be connected. I use it like a regular phone call correc?
    07-23-2016 10:03 AM
    Just tried a partition wipe and that did not help. Turned it to safe mode and this did not help either.

Thank you both for the ideas. Is there anything else that I may be able to do?
    07-23-2016 11:58 AM
    Just following up for anyone who might read this.
    I did a factory reset and that didn't help either so I took it to the Verizon store and they ran the tests like VidJunky recommended. It passed all the sensor tests and everyone was stumped.
    I downloaded Rotation Control to use for now and am hoping the problem fixes itself as randomly as it broke.
    The for all the help.
    belodion and VidJunky like this.
    07-24-2016 07:46 AM