Samsung Galaxy S4 Alot of issues

A

AC Question

I really don't know if this has been answered before or whatnot, so I will create this thread.

So I had my S4 for like, 6 monthes now and recently wanted to put a simcard in, only to realize it was locked. Note that my phone is rooted and had 0 issues before this, it was running 5.0.1 like a normal phone. My model is the SGH-I337M.

So, to try and unlock it, I made a backup with TitaniumBackup, and kept it on my PC, and installed stock rom on my phone.

This is where the problems start.

In the stock rom, I was unable to unlock the phone, so I gave up on that. However, I was unable to do alot of things, including but not limited to : I can't turn on Wi-Fi, No sound feedback from anything, Bugs and lag with the UI, etc...

I contacted Samsung Support and they told me to re-update my phone through Kies, which I did, but the problems were not solved, if anything, they're even worse now.

I tried a wide range of solutions I found on google : I wiped cache partitions, cleared the RAM, disabled apps, did a battery pull, I even Hard Reset the entire phone, nothing seems to help.

So my question is : How can I, if i even can, get my phone back how it was later (excluding personal data because as mentionned above, I do have a backup.)

Any help would be appreciated at this point.

Trinexium

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
Hi, this is OP. I've happy to say that i've solved the issue =D !!

What I believe the problem was is that I got the wrong carrier firmware.

I went ahead and looked for the right firmware on google (samsung galaxy s4 SGH-I337M 5.0.1 rogers) and found it.

All that was left was flashing it with odin and boom! Problems solved!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol