How do I delete old apps from my SD card?

A

AC Question

I recently upgraded from a Galaxy S3 to a Galaxy S7 Edge. I am using the same memory card that was in my Galaxy S3. When I had it in my S3 I had moved several of my downloaded apps to the SD card. Is there a way to delete these now that the card is in my new phone or do I have to put the card back in my old phone and move the apps back off of the SD card to the internal storage? My memory card is showing that it is almost full but I don't have that much stuff on there so I'm assuming it is space being taken up from those old apps.

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
If they are backed up to Google photos, they should reappear when you sync your new device with your Google account. Don't delete anything from your sd card until you are happy all have transferred over. TO do it with the PC, install Samsung USB drivers to your PC, connect your S3 to the PC using the USB cable,swipe down on the home screen and select MTP connection and your phone should show up as another drive in My Computer so you can manage your files.

cjstockh879

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site
I did just notice that there is a folder in my SD Card that says Android and it has a bunch of stuff in it. If I delete that will it mess up stuff that is on my phone currently? There are 91 items in there so I'm wondering if that's what taking up storage

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes, you can delete that folder. There may be some apps and data in there but apps won't run from SD card in latest Android version so can be cleared. If you connect to your PC as above you can use Windows explorer to see what's taking up the space.

cjstockh879

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site
I took your original advice...I moved stuff I knew I wanted to keep (music, pics etc) to my phones internal storage then formatted the SD card and moved my stuff back to it...now I have plenty of space on my SD Card. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca