Nexus 4 suddenly always switching off

Lylio

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone,

My Nexus 4 has started switching itself off within the last few days. When I boot back up, the phone has over 80% battery charge, although once it was at 0% which was weird. It also feels like I have to charge it more often.

The only thing that's happened recently is I enabled a big update of all my apps. Previously, my apps were not automatically updated - the other day, I decided to just let the updates go ahead as I was sick of the warning notification.

Now this switching off nonsense has started. Any ideas what I should begin to look for to fix it? I've checked which apps are running in the background, and it doesn't look too much different from prior to the mass app update - I don't have loads of apps in the background (CoolSymbols; Light Flow; OneDrive; ES File explorer; Whats App; Google Services; TouchPal).

Any ideas would be muchly appreciated. Thanks.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Has it been more than a few days since you updated all those apps? Doing multiple app updates at once like that is a real battery killer and THIS may be depleting your battery quickly. It will take a couple days for your device to recover. IF it's been a few days then I would be concerned. Perhaps it's time for a diagnostic?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz