Does my phone have a virus or as someone haked my phone?

A

AC Question

I keep getting this pop up that says my phone has a virus. I first received this message with my galaxy note 4 but a few months ago I upgraded to an S7 edge. Almost immediately I started receiving the same message. I always ignore the message and close out the web browser containing the message. The message would appear even if I wasn't surfing the web. Now I have strange things occurring with my phone. Apps will open if I don't open, web pages open that I didn't open, and my settings will be changed (this happened when my phone was locked in my pocket at work). I have cleared the cache and data, and deleted the last few apps I installed. Is my phone infected with a virus or has someone hacked into my phone and are messing with me?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Chances are that you installed some adware or malware alongside some other app. The reason it's still on your new phone is that you probably installed the same apps that you did on the Note 4. I suggest doing a factory reset, then after the Setup Wizard is complete, go immediately to the Play Store and prevent any app from automatically installing. If the popups are still there, then you probably have malware that has installed itself to the root, which can be harder to remove--you may have to reinstall the firmware using Samsung Smart Switch.

If the popups aren't there, then reinstall your apps one by one, watching for the popups to reappear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12