Why does my android keep reloading web pages and email

A

AC Question

I have a galaxy s7 with the latest edition of android. Today I was attempting to type and email and visit web pages but it will suddenly reload the page. I've noticed that the screen suddenly lights up pretty frequently when it's not in use. I've restarted the phone and it made no difference. Anybody else having this issue? Any advice will be much appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does this happen on any browser? Try going to the App Manager, select the browser you're using, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now open it again and see if it keeps happening. (Bear in mind that Clear Data will erase any locally saved bookmarks.)

Brendan Loder

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for the speedy reply. It is chrome. I followed your instructions but it has not fixed this issue. I'm noticing it in the cnn app as well, it will suddenly reload the story. The facebook browser used when you click out on a link seems to glitch in the same manner.

Brendan Loder

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
Lastly, the screen will light up randomly while not in use. This happens despite the face that nothing has changed to warrant an alert (no new email, messages, etc). I will stop adding to the issue list now. Thanks again for everyone's replies.

DH2

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem (screen lights up, pages reload) and I also noticed that the "auto rotate" setting doesn't work (it always auto rotates, regardless of the setting). It all started a few days ago and wiping the cache partition doesn't seem to help.

My phone is an HTC One A9 with Android 6.0.1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer