"Unfortunately Touchwiz home has stopped" after software update

A

AC Question

My samsung galaxy A5 just had a software update but after that, "unfortunately, touchwiz home has stopped". do you know how to fix it? thanks

GINaiza

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
Hello there! i have the same problem like yours today, but i somehow managed to fix it. i hope i can help you too!
go to Settings>App Manager>All>Touchwiz Home. clear Touchwiz Home cache, and then clear data. (this action will reset your home screen / icon back to normal) (it works for me) i hope it helps (sorry for my poor english)

Cookie_2509

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
Having the same problem on my Galaxy S7 edge but can't access settings to identify TouchWiz & clear it's cache , infuriating as Samsung Help Centre in Plymouth won't acknowledge their problem the software update has caused !
Soon as I reboot & get to settings it freezes & the message appears again

Last edited:

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Having the same problem on my Galaxy S7 edge but can't access settings to identify TouchWiz & clear it's cache , infuriating as Samsung Help Centre in Plymouth won't acknowledge their problem the software update has caused !
Soon as I reboot & get to settings it freezes & the message appears again
You can go to the recover menu and clear cache from there.

Turn off phone then press power, home, and volume down at the same time. Do not let go until you see a blue screen and just wait til it shows the menu. Then choose clear cache.