Could my LCD be broken?

A

AC Question

I dropped my s5 in water about two weeks ago and I took the battery out right away and put the phone in rice. A couple days later I cleaned it with isopropyl alchohol and then put it back in rice. After a few days I went to turn it on and it showed some weird green and yellow lines before going black. Sound, vibration, the touchscreen, everything works besides the screen. I checked the LDI on my phone to see if it was tripped and it wasn't but my batteries was. So I ordered a new battery and I popped it in today and it did the same thing as before with the new battery. I'm at a loss and if it is my LCD or I have to get the screen replaced what is the price?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Most likely the screen is damaged, possibly even something else. It'll probably cost anywhere from $100-200 to replace the screen, but that's not a guarantee that it'll work. Water is really tricky and causes damage in places you would not expect. My suggestion is to get something in the interim which is low costs. Use that until you can get a proper permanent device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34