My HTC home screen is stuck on the DDR application update

A

AC Question

My home screen that activation DDR application update available emergency calls only

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which phone do you have? Try booting into Safe Mode. First, force a shutdown by pulling the battery (if possible) or pressing and holding Power for 10-15 seconds (if it's a Samsung, hold Power and Vol Down for 10-15 seconds). Then boot into Safe Mode. (If you tell me which phone you have, I can tell you the proper way to do this, or you can find it easily by searching for "[your phone] Safe Mode.")

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Either it's some obscure Android or Motorola system component that no one else seems to write about, or it's this DDR Android Recovery junk that could potentially have been installed to the system root as a form of malware. Try contacting Motorola directly and ask if they are aware of an issue with DDR: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/mcp/landing_troubleshooter/g_id/5059#gs=

Click on "Other" to get to the Contact Us button.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I don't understand--are you saying that Virgin and Sprint both confirmed that this is due to a SIM lock? If so, then what did they suggest you do? And did you also try Motorola as well?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So Motorola has never heard of a DDR system app? The first tier of tech support is often very basic, and doesn't know a lot of detail--it might help to ask for tier 2.

If Motorola has never heard of DDR, then you could ask Sprint/Virgin (again, asking for tier 2 support if available). If no one is aware of this app, then I would go back to suspecting DDR Android Recovery as a form of malware.

Daud 128

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
Could you please tell me how to remove third party application. because motorola said that this is third party app along with update i dont know how can i remove it please do you know something??

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
If it is malware that has got system-deep, possibly from some third-party app installed by you, reflashing the stock ROM would be necessary to fix it. But I don't know whether it is such malware. Nevertheless, do you think that it's worth trying that?

Daud 128

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
Biddy i have tried motorola they said it is a third party application came along with a software update i dont know how to overcome it.it is a malware attack solution was only reset your device but it wont worked for me now seeking different solution i will be pleased if you could have helped me?

hijacktheleft

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Just wanted to add... I came here with the same problem. Also started after updating. I'm not an expert, but I know a little bit, and I'm fairly certain it isn't malware. I think it has to do with the carrier.

I also only use mine over wifi. Its not connected to a plan. I think it's trying to connect to Verizon and failing. There is no DDR app listed under Apps, and I don't have anything listed that I don't know what it is.

Clearing the cache didn't help, but I'm able to use the task switching button to go to Google Now Launcher and use my phone like normal. Once I hit the home button, it goes back to the DDR app screen, and I have to switch back to Google Now Launcher. The DDR App screen doesn't show up in the open apps list either.

Sorry for the novel, just wanted to provide more info.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Just wanted to add... I came here with the same problem. Also started after updating. I'm not an expert, but I know a little bit, and I'm fairly certain it isn't malware. I think it has to do with the carrier.

I also only use mine over wifi. Its not connected to a plan. I think it's trying to connect to Verizon and failing. There is no DDR app listed under Apps, and I don't have anything listed that I don't know what it is.

Clearing the cache didn't help, but I'm able to use the task switching button to go to Google Now Launcher and use my phone like normal. Once I hit the home button, it goes back to the DDR app screen, and I have to switch back to Google Now Launcher. The DDR App screen doesn't show up in the open apps list either.

Sorry for the novel, just wanted to provide more info.
Thank you and welcome as a new member. :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not an expert, but I know a little bit, and I'm fairly certain it isn't malware. I think it has to do with the carrier.

Welcome to Android Central, and thanks for your input and sharing your workaround! You're probably right, but it's just odd that there's absolutely nothing about it on a Google search. If it is a carrier-related issue, perhaps a tier 2 or above tech support rep from Verizon might have an answer.

Daud 128

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
no no i just said that i think that it is a sim lock because my mobile is virgin CDMA mobile under phone sprint us is written beyond system information in setting i guessed but i could not found solution guide me plz

katblackmist

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
so my phone can trun on no problem. but i set it in an update and it stays on the same screen and has been on the same screen for a week now and i cant factory rest it or anything it wont let me how do i fix this!!!

Daud 128

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
Dear Biddy as i told u that now my phone is stuck on Activation screen and phone have 6.0.1 installed so how to flash it stock recovery can i reinstall stock of 6.0.1 which is available to download or to downgrade to lollipop please tell me i dont know what to do????