K9 Mail no longer polling inbox automatically

A

AC Question

K-9 Mail used to automatically get new mails the moment they arrived on my mail server - so for instance, if I sent myself a test email, it appeared in my K9 Mail inbox a second or so after I sent it, without any need to manually refresh my inbox. Now, new mails don't appear in my inbox at all until I manually refresh my inbox - although they does appear in the built-in email client automatically.

I'm currently therefore having to use the built-in email client simply to notify me when new emails arrive, which I then read in K-9 Mail, because I much prefer K-9 Mail's interface. But this is far from ideal.

Is there some setting that I need to change to get K-9 Mail to automatically get new emails as it used to? I've looked at all my settings and can't see any that are obviously the culprit.

I'm using a brand new Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016) - but I had the same problem with my last phone, which was a Galaxy S2. I think the problem started a couple of months ago. I have K-9 Mail version 5.010.

Dave

Dave Rado

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
I've just tried changing "Push Folders" from "All" to "First Class", and that seems to have fixed the problem! That's very counter-intuitive to say the least. Do you have any idea why that would have fixed it? I don't really understand what the setting means.

Anyway, it's a relief that I've found the fix to the problem.

Dave

Don_Henry

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Dave - happy you fixed the issue - have you ever used Blue Mail? I am considering that, and K9 - and I was wondering if you could provide any comparison points?

Thanks in advance for any help!

NEXUS 5X ON AT&T ON 7.0 DP5 - Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome