When I was washing my hands, some of the water bounced out of the sink and into the charging port (whose tab is broken), and now the phone will charge for a few seconds (up to a minute) before telling me that I must charge it with the original charger. However, I am using the original charger. I've tried vacuumming the charging port for about a minute to try and suction any water, but it hasn't changed anything. Currently, it is being left alone and is charging, but is there any way I can fix this so I don't have to deal with annoying messages every time I try to charge? Thank you in advance.
    07-27-2016 07:32 PM
    When I was washing my hands, some of the water bounced out of the sink and into the charging port (whose tab is broken), and now the phone will charge for a few seconds (up to a minute) before telling me that I must charge it with the original charger. However, I am using the original charger. I've tried vacuumming the charging port for about a minute to try and suction any water, but it hasn't changed anything. Currently, it is being left alone and is charging, but is there any way I can fix this so I don't have to deal with annoying messages every time I try to charge? Thank you in advance.
    Welcome to Android Central!

Charging it while there was moister in the port might have caused a short. You might have to take it to a repair store and see if they can change out the charging port.
    08-01-2016 06:40 AM