About a day ago I dropped it and put a small Crack in the top right corner and now it's charging extremely slowly (10% per hour) and It also deleted my word dictionary and won't save words that I try to save. Did the drop internally damage the phone? And if so is it fixable?
    07-27-2016 11:33 PM
    I can understand the screen cracking with the drop, and even some circuit getting damaged that has to do with charging, but I don't understand how a drop can break an app. Except for the screen, charging, and this dictionary app, does everything else work? Does the UI and the rest of your apps work?

For the Dictionary, check your keyboard settings (under Language and input) and see if somehow things have changed.

Hardware-wise, it's probably fixable, but it also may cost you more to fix than to buy a new phone, or a refurbed/used S5.
    07-28-2016 12:26 AM
    (I made an account) the phone is also acting pretty slow slower than usual and I mean the dictionary for the keyboard, like the personalized words but other than that I haven't noticed anything else
    07-28-2016 12:27 PM
    Did you check Keyboard settings (Language and input) to see if any of your preferences have changed.

Phones running slow could be caused by basically anything. Very difficult to troubleshoot because every user runs different apps. The standard recommendation is to clear cache in your Storage settings, and also wiping the cache partition in recovery mode.
    07-28-2016 01:42 PM
    Yes all the settings are exactly how I left them, and I have cleared the cache and it helps a little but the phone still is pretty slow
    07-28-2016 01:45 PM
    You might try starting your phone in Safe mode to see if an app is causing the slow down issue. Safe mode will disable 3rd party apps and only allow system apps to load. To get into safe mode, press on the power button until the Phone options menu shows up... then, press and hold on Power Off until you see a menu show up giving you the option to start the phone in safe mode. The phone will restart and you'll see "Safe mode" in the bottom left corner of your screen. Once in safe mode, see if your phone runs better and is more responsive. Also, check to see if your keyboard dictionary works as expected. To get out of safe mode, simply restart your phone.

If Safe mode runs snappier, then probably an app on your phone is slowing it down. You'll need to identify which app it is by uninstalling them one by one until you find out which one it is. The only other option is to uninstall all your apps and then install them one at a time until you notice your phone slows down. It's a tedious affair, but the only way to find an offending app.

It could also be a myriad of things slowing you down, like apps that are constantly pinging the internet. If you're running apps that constantly want to check on things, then while they're doing it, they can slow other things down. Apps like facebook, whatsapp, snapchat or any other social media BS are known for this. Google updates have also been giving many people problems lately. It seems that this forum are just full of Google app issues. The common thing people are doing is uninstalling Google updates for Google Play Services, Google Now, Google Maps and some other Google apps.

Like I said, slow downs could be caused by anything! And... sometimes only a factory reset will cure the problem, plus it allows you to start your phone all over from scratch so you can set it up and run it more wisely. That's a last resort though, and should never be done until all your data is fully backed up.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-28-2016 02:40 PM