Am I the only one who finds the vibration is Galaxy S7 extremely annoying?

xattic

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
Hello

I have just moved from Galaxy S6 to S7. I love the new phone. However, there is one detail that totally ruins my user experience. The vibration.

I find the vibration annoying to say the least. No matter what intensity I choose, the vibration is kind of resonating, it spreads unpleasantly throughout the phone. This concerns notifications, keybord haptic feedback, the navigation keys. It's not a matter of intensity or other settings. I feel it is basically hardware, the vibration rotor/engine works this way. It buzzes and resonates.

I checked on my S6 and vibration is flawless, when I type there is a short, solid feedback, no buzzing. Same for notifications.

I also checked this on S7 Edge and there is no such issue!

I am wondering if this is a common issue, my phone is fauly or maybe I'm just going crazy?

I'll be grateful for any feedback.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
The best thing to do is take the phone back to where you purchased it, have them compare your phone and another S7 to see if they are different. It's possible it's a hardware issue with the vibe motor or mounting and that should show up when it's compared. If the phone is new, they may exchange it for you.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It may be as simple as a different vibration motor. I'm curious of is a little larger or something....maybe even where they chose to place it on the board?
nahoku has a good idea about comparing your S7 against another. Maybe in yours the motor isn't adhered properly?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
An audio comparison or video would be helpful, but I don't see anything annoying on mine. Then again, I haven't really payed much attention to vibration sound, but it doesn't sound or feel much different than what I remember in my past Samsung phones.

mitul_mehta

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
Mostly my phone is on the 'Vibrate' mode and I don't find anything unusual or annoying with the way it vibrates. It works well just like any other phone. I have s7 exynos chipset

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol