switching back to android after a year of having an iphone and really like how IOS uses the fingerprint reader to login to apps like my bank apps, discover card, paypal etc..

does android use the fingerprint reader to login to apps much like that of IOS??
    s7, and 6p are the phones im looking to purchase soon
    07-29-2016 09:13 AM
    Individual aps do not but if you have your payment information saved through the play store then you make all microtransactions / purchases through the actual play store itself, not the individual app. And the play store does support the fingerprint scanner as payment password.

I have a 6p and this is how I always pay for things in apps. Click on what you want to buy, a play store popup comes up asking if you're sure, press OK, it asks for fingerprint, touch scanner and you're done.
    Individual aps do not but if you have your payment information saved through the play store then you make all microtransactions / purchases through the actual play store itself, not the individual app. And the play store does support the fingerprint scanner as payment password.

I have a 6p and this is how I always pay for things in apps. Click on what you want to buy, a play store popup comes up asking if you're sure, press OK, it asks for fingerprint, touch scanner and you're done.
    Aquila likes this.
    07-29-2016 09:26 AM
    It depends on the app - for example, one of my banking apps supports fingerprint log in and it works perfectly. My other banking app doesn't currently support this function.

NEXUS 5X on AT&T on N DP4
    07-29-2016 09:38 AM
    I have a couple apps that do, one of my banking apps works reliably but my password manager is inconsistent.
    07-29-2016 10:23 AM