Why does my cell phone battery discharge quickly even when not in use?

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung T-Mobile Galaxy sII with a battery that is just 7 months old. One day it was fully charged (100%) at 6:15 a.m. with only the System Power Saving app loaded. By 8:00 a.m. it was 65%. I deleted the Power Saving app and put the cell phone on idle. At 10:15 a.m. it was 20%. The next day it was on 100% at 2:30 p.m... put on idle and at 5:30 p.m. it was 38%. Is the battery possibly bad, or could it be something about the phone itself?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
It's a tough call whether it's the battery or something else. Battery life is also greatly dependent on how the owner has the phone set up, what apps are running, how much syncing is going on, whether or not some rouge app is eating it up, how much stuff is constantly running in the background... stuff, the owner may not even be aware of, or things that don't even show up in battery stats as major contributors. Is the battery a Samsung original? Where did you buy it? What app is using the highest amount of battery? I may be helpful to post your battery stats...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

LOL! belodion and I posted the same time!