Galaxy S7 gps-location is "jumping around" indoor

A

AC Question

Hey guys,

yesterday I bought a new Galaxy S7 and I'm experiencing following issue: When using google maps or Pokemon Go indoor my location seems to be "jumping" around my neighborhood.
I just put the S7 on my table and watched the gps/location marker changing places almost every second. It stays in a radius of 50m, I guess, but it never "stands still".

I compared it to my old Nexus 4 which works far better in the same situation. It showed a steady accuratish location and only moved a few pixels every minute or so.
I tried all three options in the Gps-setting. "GPS, wifi and mobile networks" was the default setting. Aswell as"wlan-scan" and "bluetooth-scanning" to improve accuracy. When I changed it to "GPS only" it totally freaked out and put me even few blocks away before jumping forth and back between my place and other streets.
Changing it to "Wifi and mobile networks" seems to be the most steady option, but it is not that accurate and it does slightly change location every 10 seconds, too.

I then used a few GPS-Apps like GPS Fix, GPS Test and GPS Status&Toolbox. It definitly improved the gps signal. Outdoor it was very accurate and indoor it was better aswell. Atleast when I put it down with clear view of the window.

But after a reboot it became worse again and started jumping around again.
What I don't get: Why is my location glitching around on my Galaxy S7, when I'm inside but very steady on my Nexus 4 which I put next to it? Why isn't it just showing "bad gps-signal" or something and just stays in the last known place instead of jumping around?

Is my gps-antenna broken? Or is it a software-problem?

How can I check whats wrong and solve the issue?

Thanks!
Peter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer