Why can't I start the Google Play Store after factory reset?

A

AC Question

Why can't I start Google play store after factory reset

My wife and I exchanged phones. I had to factory reset them both for the google accounts changed. Both are samsung phones with android version 2.3.6. As soon as I rebooted the phones and setup the google accounts I tried to start google play for reinstalling my applications. However after starting google play I got the message that android market was changed in google play store and I had to update. So I tried to update, suprizingly the programm crashed and gave a message: The application Google Play Store (proces com.android.vending) unexpectatly terminated. Please, try again. Did try again a few times with the same result. I Force stoped the application and erased the data from the app, but that didn't work either. Tried to download the latest version with my comp. but that does not install (tells me application not installed after running it).

I really don't know what to try next. Can anyone help me, please ??????

Matthiasek

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why can't I start Google play store after factory reset

@dpham00 thanks for your answer. I tried several resets without succes, so that does not work. However, I fixed one phone by updating the firmware to Android 4.3 using the programm KIES from Samsung. The other phone is older and therefor not reconized by the newest version of KIES. So I gues I'll have to find another way to update that one. Both phones were on android 2.3.6 so I guess the problem was the version of android.