Seriously???

This is as if ATMs had an awesome fingerprint ID system instead of a PIN#, ...whereby a user could go into the bank ONE TIME and establish a backup password in case of fingerprint malfunction.

Users could be assured of using a fingerprint in public for gaining access to $$$.

Then some "genius" comes along with an "update" that forces users of the ATM to put in their backup password before they swipe their finger. completely defeating the purpose of using a finger INSTEAD OF a code or PIN.

Specifically, why does my phone no longer remember that I already established a backup password when initially setting up fingerprint scanning for screen lock? If I am out in public and want to turn on my fingerprint lock I am compromising my phone's security by being forced to type a code. Now, with the "upgrade" i have to remember to turn on my fingerprint lock in a private location.

What is the point of that "new feature"?????
    07-30-2016 12:54 PM
    Welcome to Android Central!

What phone do you have? Since you received an update, I would suggest clearing the device cache and see if that helps. If you don't know how let us know the device and we'll try to help
    Welcome to Android Central!

What phone do you have? Since you received an update, I would suggest clearing the device cache and see if that helps. If you don't know how let us know the device and we'll try to help
    07-30-2016 01:00 PM
    The first pin pass code wouldn't happen to be for the Sim unlock and the fingerprint unlocks the device would it?

GRIM
    srkmagnus likes this.
    07-30-2016 01:22 PM
    Samsung Galaxy S5

Sincere thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
    08-12-2016 11:38 AM
    Still not working.

...asking for password every time I activate fingerprint lock????
    08-25-2016 01:11 PM