Well just wondering if my phone charging at a good speed with different kind of cable and power bank.... but i dont even know what speed can be good .... and i saw that the speed can change depending on how much battery ur phone have at the moment you charge it... can someone help me please?
    07-30-2016 03:54 PM
    The determining factor of how fast a phone can attain 100% full charge is not only based on the amount of battery power it currently has, but also the charging requirements it has, and the charger's rating. No matter what charger you use, whether a plug in or a battery bank, the phone will charge at the same rate as long as the charging device can supply the phone's charging requirement. That said, even if you use a super duper charger, it won't charge any faster. However, if the charger cannot support the phone's requirements, then the phone will still charge, but it'll do it at a slower rate.

Whether or not your phone is charging at a "good speed", I can't say. If your charger meets the phones requirements, then the speed it charges at is what it is. You can't make it go faster, but for sure it'll slow down if the charger you use is underrated.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-30-2016 08:05 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! To add to nahoku's helpful post, I'd also say that the maximum amperage of the charger can be important. Most chargers have a max amperage of around 2 A, but some phones (like the Honor 5X) come with a slower charger (I believe the H5X's OEM charger is 1 A). So look for a charger that's 2 A, and don't worry--you can't "overcharge" a phone battery. It's smart enough to draw only the current it needs.

Be aware as well that if you're actively using the phone while charging, the battery will charge much more slowly, since you're also doing things that will drain it. How slow the charging is depends on what you're doing. If you're doing something very battery-intensive, the battery might still drain, even while it's plugged in.
    nahoku likes this.
    07-30-2016 09:59 PM