New device, can't connect to Tap Sports Baseball Account

A

AC Question

I traded in my S5 Active for an S7 Active today. Once I tried to go to Tap Sports Baseball 2016 my Google Play showed my username like normal but when the game came up none of my info was there.

The game only gives the option of logging in with Google or Facebook. I have tried both and the same issue. Google Play shows all my in app purchases and achievements but the game thinks I am a new player. I have installed and uninstalled. Cleared cache. Nothing.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you remember if you had logged into either your Google or Facebook account on your previous phone while playing the game? If the game saves your progress to the cloud (and not all games do), you would've had to be logged in while playing the game on the previous phone. Logging in isn't automatic--it's something the player has to do manually the first time.

Splandman

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
I am not exactly sure how I was logged in on my previous device, however there are only two options with this game for an Android. Either Facebook or Google. I have tried both. When I open the game my Google Play opens, has the correct user name and logs me in to google play, the game has a different user name and will not connect me to my account. Google Play shows all my achievements and purchases. I spent about 5 months building a team and do not want to start over. This should be a simple process. Why you can't just have a game linked to email and password I have no idea. My wife has the same game with an iphone and it gives her the option to log in with email. That is not present with an android.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When I open the game my Google Play opens, has the correct user name and logs me in to google play, the game has a different user name and will not connect me to my account

Sorry, I'm a bit confused by this--so when Google Play Games opens, it's your main Google account, but you're saying the game itself shows a different user name? What happens if you go to the App Manager, select the game, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop--then open it again, and go through the process of logging in through Google?

Splandman

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
Yes, when Google Play Games opens things appear as they should. Has my correct user name, experience points, etc. It also show all of my in app purchases and the dates I had certain achievements. The game itself shows a different user name with 0 games played and wants me to start over completely. I talked to Google on the phone and they believe it to be a developer problem.
I have done as you suggest and cleared all cache/cleared data. Force Stop, uninstall completely. Reinstall, and connect it to my Google Play Games and its the same thing again. Really frustrating. I am pretty confused.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, sorry to hear that. Have you emailed the developer about the issue? If you're lucky, this app developer will be one of the more responsive ones ...

GRIMWALD

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
I am not familiar with your game but does your browser settings influence the ability to connect? For instance, if cookies or Java were turned off and especially flash?

GRIM

Splandman

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
I found this. I guess I am not positive I ever actually logged in. If so, this is pretty ridiculous. I have the game for months and spent quite a bit of money on it, seems there would be some sort of safeguard.

TO AVOID LOSS OF PROGRESS, SAVE YOUR GAME ONLINE!
It is not recommended to uninstall; However we understand that sometimes you have to upgrade your device or replace it.

TO AVOID LOSS OF PROGRESS, SAVE YOUR GAME ONLINE!

Playing the game solely on your local device is possible, but not recommended. because the program data is erased from your device, your progress will be gone with no way to recover it You should definitely choose a method of saving your progress online, where it will be safe from deletion.

USE SOCIAL MEDIA TO SAVE YOUR GAME

IOS users may choose between saving on Glu's servers using their email address as a login, or by linking the game to their Facebook account.

Android users may choose to use either their Google+ login, or their Facebook account.

One and only one social media can be used at a time. For example If you switch from an "email login" to a "Facebook login" then you will be starting a brand new team when you make the switch. Your current team is being saved on the social media you have selected when you started playing the game.

Please note that if you did not select any social media then the game is local to your device and is not being saved online. If the game is uninstalled from the device all progress will be lost, this is why it is highly recommended to select a social media for your online save. Glu cannot recover games lost in this manner.

If you try to play on more than one device using the same login, you may run into sync problems. For this reason it is not recommended to play on more than one device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781