I accidentally enabled the password under security in settings menu and it seems that there automatically exists a password which I never created. Now The settings menu will not open unless the password is typed. There are no alternative options for password recovery. How can I disable it? The phone is Sony Xperia Z (C6602)
    NOTE THAT I HAVE NO ISSUES UNLOCKING THE PHONE LOCK SCREEN.
    07-31-2016 02:26 AM
    get into recovery mode and reset it if you cant reset it to factory settings from the settings menu, here is some tutorial i found < turn your phone off and Switch it back on and when you see your device’s LED notification light turn Pink! it’s time to start pressing the Volume up (or Volume down) key several times;
    That will make your Zperia Z boot into recovery mode;
    Once you’re in recovery mode you must scroll down on ‘reset/factory restet or similar’ (by using the Volume down button) and select it by pressing Volume up;
    let it do its thingy,
    when finished you have to select ‘reboot system now’. it worked for me on my s7 edge. only thing it deletes all your data so back it up before. youll also need to log in with the email you had logged in on the phone before. doing this has its risks and ocassions where you can mess up your phone so if you do its not my fault and i wont take any responsibility lol
    07-31-2016 03:14 AM