how do I get only one SMS message to come in to Galaxy from iphone

A

AC Question

My boyfriend and I text often. When he first got his Samsung Galaxy 5 it was fine inititally. Then about 2 or 3 weeks later all of a sudden my messages started being received as a multitude of short messages instead of one long one. Even when I send a message to his email account, on his hone they show in his inbox as 10-30 separate messages from my phone number instead of one message to an email account should normally look. Did he accidentally change something in settings? I realize I am heavy handed when I have a lot to say but his chime goes off incessantly for what on my end was one text message or email.
Thanks,
Stacy Farkas

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Email and text messages are two different things and are handled very differently.

Emails can be as long as you want and are sent though email servers to email accounts. A single message is delivered as a single message.

SMS text messages are limited to 150 characters due to the way they are passed through the cellular system and are sent from phone to phone directly. If your text message is longer than 150 chars, it will be broken into multiple pieces. On the receiving end, these pieces may or may not be assembled back into one big message.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney