Long time windows phone user, what is the best android phone for a windows experience?

b-16707

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
thats like asking what apple tastes like an orange.

What do you mean by integration with windows? You want to connect it to USB to your windows pc? You want a device that has both windows and android installed?

if you mean UI similar to windows phone OS on android then maybe youll like HTC phones with their HTC Sense. Android is a whole different (better) ball game.

GRIMWALD

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
Perhaps you should define "Integration" they are two separate OS. The apps. are not interchangeable but they both have corresponding apps. to achieve a degree compatibility.
Documents written on an android can be viewed on a windows platform and vice versa. with the corresponding applications.
Some are device specific like XBox games but sometimes there is on overlap in content.

GRIM

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi and welcome to Android Central.

Pretty much all of the Microsoft apps are available on Android, and most work better than they do on Windows Phone.

I made the switch back in March 2015. You might want to take a look at my thread here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/phone-wars/508231-long-time-microsoft-user-tries-android-guess-what-s-great.html

In terms of exactly which phone to get, do you have any price range in mind?

If you want consistent updates to the OS, any Nexus device would be great.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I was looking for information with UI similar to the operating system. Thanks for the input, I will look at the HTC phones also.
As someone who has switched back and forth between the two, I would advise you to not try to make your new Android phone into a pseudo Windows Phone. The problem is that it is impossible to fully emulate WP, and you will probably not be satisfied.

Android's UI is different, but not necessarily worse. It is actually more similar to Windows desktop, which we all know and love! Preference is more a matter of opinion. I always used both as the manufacturer intended, and I learned, and liked, both.

Microsoft's services are virtually all available on Android, and in most cases better than on WP. Install your Microsoft apps, get used to Android's UI, and enjoy your new phone!

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
As someone who has switched back and forth between the two, I would advise you to not try to make your new Android phone into a pseudo Windows Phone. The problem is that it is impossible to fully emulate WP, and you will probably not be satisfied.

Android's UI is different, but not necessarily worse. It is actually more similar to Windows desktop, which we all know and love! Preference is more a matter of opinion. I always used both as the manufacturer intended, and I learned, and liked, both.

Microsoft's services are virtually all available on Android, and in most cases better than on WP. Install your Microsoft apps, get used to Android's UI, and enjoy your new phone!
I agree with you. I don't ever make one OS look like another. It's the same with desktop. I use Linux in addition to Windows, but I don't make my Linux Mint Cinnamon desktop look like Windows.