Hi all,
    I just bought a new(refurbished) s6 unlocked off att. I've had my att plan for 10years now and it's a pretty generous plan. I'm concerned about getting a new sim card.
    A) Does a new sim card "break" my existing plan?
    B) Does a new sim card give me a new phone number?
    C) How will att bill me from here on in? I've got unlimited data and my minutes are pretty high - I don't want to give that up.

many thanks,
    07-31-2016 09:49 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! If you ask AT&T for a new nano-SIM to fit your S6, then it will be for the same number and same account, and the micro-SIM in the S5 will be deactivated. If you still wanted to swap between using the S5 and S6, you could get an adapter that makes a nano-SIM fit into a micro-SIM slot/holder.

Of course, you could always ask AT&T for a new SIM for a brand new line, but you'd have to pay for this additional line. If you don't need another line, then just ask for a replacement SIM for the new phone.
    deep_logic likes this.
    07-31-2016 11:00 PM
    Thanks B.Diddy. Do you know if it changes my plan at all? Cuz now I'm thinking of getting the S7 (for my wife).
    07-31-2016 11:10 PM
    Just order a sim cutter on amazon for 6 bucks. It's a cheap way to not have to mess with your carrier and you can buy adapters if you need to go back to a micro sim
    07-31-2016 11:21 PM
    Thanks B.Diddy. Do you know if it changes my plan at all? Cuz now I'm thinking of getting the S7 (for my wife).
    It shouldn't change your plan, but you should just call AT&T and ask them.

SIM cutters are one solution, but you have to be careful, because it's possible to mess up the cut, which means you'll still have to get a new SIM card from AT&T anyway. I've also read posts from people who cut their SIM, and found that the cut SIM doesn't fit that well into an adapter.
    deep_logic likes this.
    07-31-2016 11:31 PM