Can I upgrade to 4.4?

A

AC Question

Hi, I don't have much experience with android, or touchscreens of any kind, so I'm a bit of a noob.
I bought a tablet for my son for his birthday, it is a Asus MemoPad 181C (8 inch, 16gb) and it said it came with android kitkat, which I googled and it said version 4.4, but it turns out this tablet is 4.2 kitkat, it's all very confusing cos when I googled 4.2 it said JellyBean, but apparently 4.2 is KitKat. Anyway is there a way to upgrade it to 4.4? My son really wants to play Pokemon Go, which needs at least version 4.4 :( The only thing I have been able to find on google was a video where he tapped the android version a bunch of times, I did that and it said it upgraded the system successfully, but it is still android version 4.2. Is there any way I can upgrade it? Thank you.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
According to gsmarena, the tablet was released with Kitkat 4.4.2. Are you certain you're reading the correct thing on your device. Go to Settings > General > About device... scroll if you have to and look for "Android version". Note that this is the path on a Samsung tablet, so yours may be a little different.

Note: You will need to join AC in order to reply to any thread... including your own. See the Sticky at the top of this forum, or click the link below...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html