How can I remove Android/Trojan.Agent.gc

A

AC Question

My Smartphone is Aldi Version of Medion Life E4506. Found by Malwarebytes,use AVG antiVirus. Have tried uninstalling in Safemode already.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If that malware remains after a factory reset, then it likely got installed to the root, which is much harder to get rid of. You'd have to reinstall the firmware, and I'm not sure how easy that is on that device. You could search around places like xda-developers.com for a solution.

JonathanPV

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Thanks to 'the tall guy' and 'B.Diddy' for your replies. I have already reset to factory condition so the infection must be in the root. I do not have the expertise at present to safely root my phone so I'd better keep 'looking' and hope someone else has a less invasive or safe solution. No effect on my phone yet.
Regards
Jonathan PV

JonathanPV

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi Guys
Have been running around the internet for some more ideas and came across some good info in 4.4 kitkat - How to remove Android/Trojan.Agent.gc infection? - Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange
The gist of it was that the so called infection might be a 'false positive' from Malwarebytes so I scanned my phone with AVG and Trendmicro and found nothing apart from 5 inconsequential privacy issues which I checked out..... So my solution was to uninstall Malwarebytes and Trendmicro. Thanks for your help - it was an interesting educational experience!!
Regards
JonathanPV

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's true that there can be false positives, but it depends on what the antivirus has identified, and where it located it. What file did Malwarebytes find Trojan.agent.gc in?

In that StackExchange thread, the OP mentioned FileExplorer.apk, which I've seen mentioned in various other threads as a suspicious app. So chances are that it was in fact malware in that thread.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX