My Smartphone is Aldi Version of Medion Life E4506. Found by Malwarebytes,use AVG antiVirus. Have tried uninstalling in Safemode already.
    08-01-2016 06:07 AM
    Hi, if your device has a virus it's probably best to perform a factory reset to freshen it up. If you do this, make sure you back all your data up first.
    08-03-2016 04:56 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! If that malware remains after a factory reset, then it likely got installed to the root, which is much harder to get rid of. You'd have to reinstall the firmware, and I'm not sure how easy that is on that device. You could search around places like xda-developers.com for a solution.
    08-03-2016 01:08 PM
    Thanks to 'the tall guy' and 'B.Diddy' for your replies. I have already reset to factory condition so the infection must be in the root. I do not have the expertise at present to safely root my phone so I'd better keep 'looking' and hope someone else has a less invasive or safe solution. No effect on my phone yet.
    Regards
    Jonathan PV
    08-04-2016 05:26 AM
    Hi Guys
    Have been running around the internet for some more ideas and came across some good info in 4.4 kitkat - How to remove Android/Trojan.Agent.gc infection? - Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange
    The gist of it was that the so called infection might be a 'false positive' from Malwarebytes so I scanned my phone with AVG and Trendmicro and found nothing apart from 5 inconsequential privacy issues which I checked out..... So my solution was to uninstall Malwarebytes and Trendmicro. Thanks for your help - it was an interesting educational experience!!
    Regards
    JonathanPV
    08-04-2016 06:42 AM
    It's true that there can be false positives, but it depends on what the antivirus has identified, and where it located it. What file did Malwarebytes find Trojan.agent.gc in?

In that StackExchange thread, the OP mentioned FileExplorer.apk, which I've seen mentioned in various other threads as a suspicious app. So chances are that it was in fact malware in that thread.
    08-04-2016 01:07 PM