Samsung Galaxy S5 not automatically connecting to WiFi

A

AC Question

Galaxy s5 not automatically connecting to wifi

I've seen this asked elsewhere on here, but none of the solutions people have given worked for me. Whenever my phone sleeps, it disconnects from wifi and takes a while to reconnect when I turn it back on. I've checked that the "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" option is set to "Always," and I'm in range of the wifi signal I want to connect to. When I look at the wifi settings, it usually says "Saved, Secured" by the network I want to connect to, then changes to "Connecting..." for a little while before going back to "Saved, Secured." Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thank you!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy s5 not automatically connecting to wifi

Welcome to Android Central! Please consider registering on this forum, if you haven't already, so that you can continue the discussion in the original thread you created. It really helps to have an actual dialogue, rather than having to start another thread as an unregistered guest.:)

Does this happen on all wi-fi networks, or just your home network? Do you have Smart Network Switch turned off? Any power saving modes turned on?

Tavanio

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site

It's all wi-fi networks. I had Smart Network Switch on, but tried turning it off and still had no luck. It happens with or without power saving mode.

Thank you!

GRIMWALD

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site

Under "Data usage" in your settings, select Data and then in the upper right corner select "More". From that drop down menu, check to see if if there has been a restrictions put on any of the networks listed.

GRIM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay