Is Google Chrome the default browser and Linux the OS on the LG Leon LTE phone? I received an emailed alert from Facebook that someone, near Dallas, TX, logged into my Facebook account. I didn’t think it was, so I changed my password.

Illustration of email (screenshot):
    What is the OS and default browser used on LG Leon LTE cell phone?-email-fb-re_os_browseronphn.jpg
    08-02-2016 08:03 PM
    That can show up if you logged in via the Chrome browser (instead of the Facebook app). The location doesn't always mean anything, because that can vary depending on the wi-fi network you're connected to.
    08-03-2016 03:53 PM
    That can show up if you logged in via the Chrome browser (instead of the Facebook app). The location doesn't always mean anything, because that can vary depending on the wi-fi network you're connected to.
    Oh, I don't have the facebook app. I usually just access Facebook via whatever browser I have been using that came with my phone (MetroPCS). Yeah, I agree on the location. It does vary. A lot of times I'll notice that I was in "Humble, TX" That must be the main location for MetroPCS. Just a guess though, I don't know. Just wish I could find out what OS is used on my cellphone and the exact browser is also used. Thanks for your reply, though.
    08-03-2016 04:09 PM
    I researched online about the OS on the LG Leon. It's Android 5.1 (Lollipop). So, someone (somehow) gained access to my Facebook account. I don't know how, but it wasn't from my phone. I don't have anything with the Linux OS. My husband has a laptop, but the OS is Windows 8.1. I'm still not sure. I got another message that said it was near Brownsboro, TX. I still can't figure it out. I wonder if I should change my password again to something (probably) totally different. I may have to.
    08-03-2016 05:34 PM
    Sorry, I should've been clearer. All Android phones run on Android, but Android itself is based on Linux. That being said, if you're logging into the FB website on your mobile Chrome browser, it should say Chrome on Android 5, while doing so on your computer should say Chrome on Windows (or Mac). Accessing Facebook on other devices might show up as Linux--e.g., my car has a browser built-in, and the car runs on Linux. If I try to access Facebook on that browser, it'll show up as Linux.

If you want to be safe, change your password. Then go into Facebook to your Security settings, find that instance, and end its activity.
    DotLGphn likes this.
    08-03-2016 06:39 PM