Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Default Re: How do I fix error message "Unfortunately CloudAgent has stopped"?

This has just worked for me......go into Dropbox settings sign out turn phone off back on and all cleared now☺☺☺☺☺

Quote Originally Posted by jontysoper View Post
    Hi,

The issue is related to Dropbox - or at least a Samsung component which interacts with it. Here's a workaround for now:

1. Open Dropbox, go into Settings and sign out.
    2. Check Gallery and/or other apps which would crash - they should work fine now.
    3. Open Dropbox and sign in again.
    4. If/when prompted, DO NOT link your account with the Samsung Device widget.

So, Dropbox works as an app in its own right but sadly isn't integrated with Gallery, My Files etc. For me this isn't an issue. Now to wait for an official fix/update.

Jonty.
    THIS WORKS!! Thanks so much! I have a note 3 and was struggling with my gallery. I had to constantly open it again after it would close on me. Only like that was I able to take pictures, video, open up my gallery, or even upload pics or video to fb. It really is just as simple as can be. Sign out of drop box. I dont care for it anyways. Ive had my note 3 for 3 years now. I was not about to give up hope. Thanks again!

Angry Re: How do I fix error message "Unfortunately CloudAgent has stopped"?

I have a Galaxy Note 4, and for maybe 2 days now, I am getting this message EVERY TIME I take a new photo, or view a photo in my gallery. NOT happy with this annoying error, and it seems I'm not the only one. From reading the other comments here, it's not a specific phone or issue, but the CloudAgent itself, so what do we do?? Please fix this!!!!

Signing in & out did NOT work for me, btw..

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyGurl68 View Post
    I have a Galaxy Note 4, ... so what do we do?? Please fix this!!!!
    Referring to comment #12 Have you tried that?

If you are not signed in or do not use Dropbox do you use any other service that syncs photos (eg google)? If so do a sign out / sign in cycle for that that service.

Does temporarily turning of sync - see sync button in notification area (do pull down with two fingers) have any effect on your problem?

Logout of any photo sync service if applicable. Temporarily turn off mobile data and wi-fi and restart phone does the "cloud agent" error still occur when you open gallery? Restore mobile data or wi-fi settings one at a time and test as you go. Report what you find out as to when error triggers.

From earlier comments I get the impression Galaxy Note model fix seems more problematic hence the extra questions.

If you are still having no success you can try this fix:
    • Go to Settings
    • Select Application Manager
    • Select All.
    • Select Cloud Agent.
    • Select Force Stop and Clear Data.

This should clear the error message. (Solution from: justanswer.com)

Lastly if that fails there is a solution on android.stackexchange.com make sure you understand the implications of disabling a Samsung background service.

Signing out of Dropbox worked for me!

Hi,

The issue is related to Dropbox - or at least a Samsung component which interacts with it. Here's a workaround for now:

2. Check Gallery and/or other apps which would crash - they should work fine now.

So, Dropbox works as an app in its own right but sadly isn't integrated with Gallery, My Files etc. For me this isn't an issue. Now to wait for an official fix/update.

Jonty.
    Above is the spot on solution

Thank you

Perfect fix! Thank you!!!

Hi,

Jonty.
    Marry me.

Ive had my note 3 since new also, only i have always had dropbox but I've uninstalled it completely and still have the stupid message. I can only view my photos in Google photos. And yes, the message pops up randomly for me as well. I've tried every suggestion to no avail. I hope they figure this out!

Something with the new update, no way to fix it, same her using a Samsung Core.

Same thing happening here too just started today was fine while travelling but as soon as I went to view gallery it keeps popping up very irritating. Cleared Cache didn't help and I do not want to clear all my data if so said it would erase everything

Thanks Bro!!!

Not the solution. I thought it was only my note 3 but unfortunately it seems my galaxy tab s 10 in is also getting the same mddg. The only difference is i can hit ok when the mssg up and it still let's me view the gallery. On my note 3 it shuts my gallery down soon add i hit ok. Has anyone figured out what the problem is yet? IT'S DEFINITELY NOT DROPBOX.

My Note 3 started acting up today too. This thread was easy to find thankfully and the Dropbox fix worked, don't use that feature anyhow. Thanks again for the fix☺👍👍

Global Posts
    32,733 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Mod note: please keep replies civil. There is no need to attack or insult other users. If you feel a post violates the forum rules, please report the post.

Please guys, keep the discussion civil and on track. This problem is affecting several users and we all are trying to find out the cause and a definitive fix. Let's work in this direction instead of calling names and posting unhelpful replied. Thanks.

Some posts were deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by iamonlywill View Post
    I am getting the exact same problem, only I am using a Note 3. Could it be a recent update? It's extremely irritating.
    Suddenly getting the exact same issue on my GS4..
    Yes, _extremely_ irritating. .

Quote Originally Posted by missyvapes View Post
    didn't work for me on my Galaxy s4. Even reinstalled Dropbox
    Unfortunately, me either on GS4..
    Also tried everything then uninstalled/reinstalled..
    obviously Dropbox related.. just updated DB a couple of days ago..
    possibly just reinstalling the same latest flawed version..(?)
    Idk..lost with this one..

Global Posts
    32,733 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

I have never done this....is it possible that even if Dropbox is removed, the app is still under settings>accounts, and still active so to speak?

Hi,

Jonty.
    This worked perfectly on my Note 3. Thank you!
    blakcountrykiwi likes this.

Logout of Dropbox and login again. This worked for me. The error was driving me crazy and this worked. DAMNED DROPBOX!

Smile Re: How do I fix error message "Unfortunately CloudAgent has stopped"?

I went into App Manager and uninstalled Dropbox, the problem has gone. Will reinstall when the error is fixed.

Hi,

So, a few days in and the CloudAgent crash issue remains. Having spent some time testing a number of routines and variables I would have to put good money on this being caused by a background push/update by Samsung or Google. Whilst a majority of folk can use the sign out/in of Dropbox workaround it sadly isn't for everyone - I'm assuming because Samsung's CloudAgent service works with some other apps too.

NOTE: If you signed out/in of Dropbox just make sure you use Dropbox as a standalone app and don't link your Dropbox account with your Samsung device (don't activate, don't allow etc). This is great if - like me - you're only afflicted when using Dropbox. It is of course only a workaround.

Recently I've been testing a few versions of Dropbox. 12.2.2 I had installed already when the issue appeared (the day before all was fine). 2.3.12.22 is part of my Note 3's 5.0 build and just crashes (but it is a very, very old version). I have a backup of 8.2.4 but CloudAgent still crashes. And the same goes for the beta 13.1.2. Given I made no changes to my device before the issue appeared it's this that makes me believe Samsung or Google are responsible.

For those who are suffering and cannot access the Gallery, Camera, Video or other apps (regardless of Dropbox), switch off wireless (and/or data) and see if that helps. You can always turn back on once you're done viewing, etc. Otherwise check out what other apps you have (e.g. Facebook) which sync and integrate photographs and similar into the Samsung apps. Either disable sync or uninstall so you can test.

Jonty.
    blakcountrykiwi likes this.

Cheers Jonty, that worked for me and my Note3.