How do I fix error message "Unfortunately CloudAgent has stopped"?

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy Avant for well over a year a just today I started getting this annoying error message only when using the Gallery app to view images. The message instantly pops up and when I hit OK the gallery just shuts down so it's impossible for me to view my images and videos. I cannot turn off or disable the CloudAgent app under the application manager in settings, it doesn't give me any such option. If someone can tell me how to insert screenshots I will be happy to do so. Thank you.

officejudge

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
This happened with the Update of Samsung Knox Security. It has nothing to do with Dropbox or Gallery. Here's the fix
1) Go to Application Manager under ALL look for com.sec.enterprise.knox... and com.sec.knox eventsmanager and do a FORCE Stop.
2) Also under DOWNLOADED goto Security Policy Updates and do a FORCE STOP to stop the irritating notification "An application has been forced to stop for an unauthorized attempt to access system in your device" that appears for no reason.

jontysoper

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

Ladies and Gentlemen, it seems we have a winner!

Earlier today I was looking at my wife's S5 mini which is fully up-to-date and doesn't have this problem. I tried to extract the CloudAgent app without success, but have since spied post 113 from 'officejudge'. And it seems we have a cure!

Depending on your device and version of Android you may find the widgets to search for have a different name, or simply don't exist. So, try the following:

1. Given your device, go into Settings.
2. Open Application Manager.
3. Select the ALL tab.
4. Scroll to anything that has 'com.sec...' with Knox in the name.
5. Open widgets related to point 4 (Knox) and Force Stop and Clear Data
6. In the Downloaded tab, if you have Security Policy Updates listed then perform a Force Stop too.
7. Now link your Dropbox to your Samsung device, either using My Files, Accounts, or Cloud settings to trigger.

My Note 3 now has Dropbox linked and is now working like before!

Big kudos to 'officejudge' for the Knox update info! So, after all it was a Samsung push which created this problem.

Jonty.

mangala dewan

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Re: How do I fix error message "Unfortunately mobile data has stopped error?

In my tpad suddenly the sex photos and sex movies were downloaded without my knowledge and I tried to disabled it but it wouldnot go away. Since then unfortunately error starts popping up. Now, the mobile data has also stopped. Pls. help me how to fix it.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: How do I fix error message "Unfortunately mobile data has stopped error?

In my tpad suddenly the sex photos and sex movies were downloaded without my knowledge and I tried to disabled it but it wouldnot go away. Since then unfortunately error starts popping up. Now, the mobile data has also stopped. Pls. help me how to fix it.

Welcome to the forums. You are welcome to create a thread about this where it can be discussed further without taking this thread off topic.

William Britto

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
You can try below step.

Step 1: Go to Settings on your Galaxy Note 2, and from there to Application Manager.
Step 2: In the Application Manager, you should find a service named CloudAgent either under Running or under All.
Step 3: Here's what I did in this step, and you might as well follow the same order: Force stop the service.

Be-am

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
Just to clarify. My cloud agent stopped every day when trying to backup data on my samsung galaxy s7.

This was a known issue on this particular phone. The update fixed the issue in my case.

Im sorry if there is no update yet on your android system...

Krishnajc

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
My mobile name is SUMSUNG DUS,NUMBER GT-B 7722,my androdid divice is lost,so how can i return my old divice or sofwear for do every work properly,without any problem.

Thanks lot,plese take care
about the needful.