While in use my LG G4 turned off and would not come back on. It is charged. I removed the battery and replace it. It attempted start up but didn't.
    08-03-2016 08:06 AM
    Did you try the recovery mode?
    • Power Down the LG G4
    • When Off, Press and Hold the Volume Down and Power Buttons at the Same Time
    • Continue Holding These Two Buttons Until You See the LG Logo
    • When You See the LG Logo, Let Go of the Volume Down and Power Buttons for 1 Second
    • After 1 Second has Passed, Immediately Start Holding the Power and Volume Down Buttons Again
    • Continue Holding These Two Buttons Until You Boot Up into the LG G4 Recovery Mode

Then try to wipe the cache and try to reboot.
    08-03-2016 08:44 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! If that doesn't work, try a new or different battery as well. If that doesn't work, then it might be related to the bootloops issue that plagued certain production runs of the G4--contact LG: LG admits G4 bootloop problem is a hardware fault, will repair affected devices - Android Authority
    08-03-2016 12:41 PM
    Did you try the recovery mode?
    • Power Down the LG G4
    • When Off, Press and Hold the Volume Down and Power Buttons at the Same Time
    • Continue Holding These Two Buttons Until You See the LG Logo
    • When You See the LG Logo, Let Go of the Volume Down and Power Buttons for 1 Second
    • After 1 Second has Passed, Immediately Start Holding the Power and Volume Down Buttons Again
    • Continue Holding These Two Buttons Until You Boot Up into the LG G4 Recovery Mode

Then try to wipe the cache and try to reboot.

Thank you for this info. I was able to recover and reboot, but at reboot I'm in bootloop mode again. I got my phone 14 1/2 months ago. Thankfully I have Best Buy Geek Squad coverage. At least with your instructions I was able to erase everything off the phone in recovery mode. I don't think I'll be seeing this phone again. I wonder what Best Buy will do/give me.
    08-10-2016 07:42 PM