With a Galaxy s7, I can go to DCIM > Images, then select a few (to put them in an album that will show in the Gallery). Then, I click on More, and command Move. They are then (supposedly) moved to a different folder elsewhere on the phone, and show up as an Album in Gallery. OK. However, the originally selected pictures remain in DCIM> Images. Further, if these are deleted, they are also deleted from the other folder, and do not show in the Gallery any more. So, my question is: why is the command to move them ignored by the system? If they really are moved, they would not show in DCIM > Images, but only in the folder that they have been "moved" to. And if, in the other folder, they are independent pictures, why do they disappear if their corresponding pictures in DCIM > Images are deleted? Why is the command not something like: "Create shortcuts in..."?

Any comments on this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    08-03-2016 08:58 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I'm not intimately familiar with Samsung's Gallery app, but it may be important to distinguish folders that the Gallery app creates (within the app itself) from actual directories in internal storage. When you moved the image files, were you moving them using the My Files app (or some other file manager app), or were you moving them from within the Gallery app?
    ManiacJoe likes this.
    08-03-2016 12:38 PM