I'm running Android 5.1 and sometimes when I unlock my phone it will reboot and when it reboots my file explorer will say my sd card is empty and I won't be able to access any of the apps on my sd card, any reason as to why this happens?
    08-03-2016 10:05 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Is this for your Blu Dash M that you mentioned in your other posts?

The SD card could be corrupt, defective, or counterfeit. Install SD Insight to see if the card is genuine or counterfeit. Counterfeit cards are programmed to report more storage than they actually have, and if you try saving more than the card can actually hold, then files can start getting corrupt.

If it's a valid card, then go to Settings>Storage, Unmount the card, remove it, and insert it into your computer. Can the computer read these files? Backup as much as you can right now, then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: [GUIDE] Using chkdsk to fix a corrupted SD card.
    08-03-2016 12:25 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Is this for your Blu Dash M that you mentioned in your other posts?

The SD card could be corrupt, defective, or counterfeit. Install SD Insight to see if the card is genuine or counterfeit. Counterfeit cards are programmed to report more storage than they actually have, and if you try saving more than the card can actually hold, then files can start getting corrupt.

If it's a valid card, then go to Settings>Storage, Unmount the card, remove it, and insert it into your computer. Can the computer read these files? Backup as much as you can right now, then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: [GUIDE] Using chkdsk to fix a corrupted SD card.
    It;s not the sd card, I've bought others and it has the same problem, I realise the reboot only happens after me not using my phone for long periods of time, i.e whenever i fall asleep.
    08-04-2016 12:27 PM
    Ok--and did you buy the other cards from different places, or all from the same seller? I know this is unlikely, but for example, if they were all from the same eBay seller, and if that seller is in the business of selling bogus cards, then you'd have the same problem regardless of the card you got from them.

But assuming that you did get these cards from different legitimate sellers, then my guess is that it's a hardware issue. A firmware glitch is also possible, but you'd have to reinstall the firmware to see if that fixes it, and I'm not familiar with that process on Blu phones. You probably would have to root the phone and find a copy of the stock ROM to flash--try looking at the forums at xda-developers.com, which is a good place for this kind of stuff.
    08-04-2016 12:35 PM