Ads on home screen of S7 Edge

A

AC Question

I have a major problem - today I was using my phone: normal everyday stuff.
All of the sudden I got an ad on my home screen...

How can I get rid of them? Sometimes they cover the entire screen, sometimes just a small part.

My virus scanners haven't picked anything up and I scoured my files to see if I could find anything containing Spyware or whatever but didn't find anything.

Can someone help me? I don't want to have to do a factory reset atm because I don't have a computer for now.

Thanks in advance! :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Just to be sure--you're not in the browser, right? If the ads are coming up on the main homescreen, then you likely installed some adware inadvertently, alongside some other app. Uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away.

Fossil1321

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Just to be sure--you're not in the browser, right? If the ads are coming up on the main homescreen, then you likely installed some adware inadvertently, alongside some other app. Uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away.

I'm not in a browser... Also not in am app. I am on my home screen and sometimes ads pop up...

I already tried to Uninstall a bunch of apps. But the problem still isn't gone.
I heard that there may be a file hidden somewhere with the data for the ads?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You might have to uninstall all apps to find the culprit. Or do a factory reset, then prevent any apps from reinstalling automatically from Google Play Store.