Why isn't my location being found?

A

AC Question

I have a Verizon phone. I never had any trouble with it finding my location or using the GPS until recently. Now, whenever I turn it on, up in the top it has an icon informing me it's endlessly searching for my location. Obviously, since it can't find me, my Google Maps doesn't work. I have five apps on my phone that didn't come with it (ESET mobile security, NOAA Weather Unofficial, Steam, GPS Status and Toolbox, and Adguard), but none of them were installed recently except for the GPS app. I don't keep them running when I'm not using them. I have tried toggling the location switch on and off to no avail. I have tried the GPS Status fixes where you clear the AGPS data, but it doesn't seem to work either. Every once in a while, after some unknown period of time (I barely use my phone and it's usually off but sometimes I leave it on if I expect a phone call and let it sit somewhere), it eventually does find its location, so I'm guessing the hardware is still working. I've read the screws can become loose over time and haven't checked them yet but I have tried applying pressure to the location the GPS should be by lightly squeezing the case and it made no difference.
I'd greatly appreciate any help I can receive. The only reason I bought a smartphone was for the GPS, so I'm pretty unhappy!