S6 Active and Marshmallow update causing a multitude of issues

A

AC Question

S6 Active and Marshmallow update BAD!!!!!!!! !! Help!!!!!!

So the last few days my phone has been getting extremely hot,not calling ,not texting no reception in a area I'm full bars normally. Went into ATT. The tech said within the last few days he has seen about 20 people with the same issue. I have done a factory reset. Didn't fix anything. The tech also stated that Samsung had beta tested some added portion of Marshmallow on the S6 Active and it is screwing everything up.

What am I to do? Warranty ended July 6th. Otherwise the tech was just gonna swap it out for me like he did with other phones.

Samsung said to send it in and they would cover it if it was under warranty.

SO my question is this....Is there a way to get this covered because it is very clear that this is a software issue?

Had ZERO issues before the update.

Bald Chewbacca.

Chris Parsons

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: S6 Active and Marshmallow update BAD!!!!!!!! !! Help!!!!!!

A bit confused here. You said the tech was just going to swap it out like the others, so was that a different tech than a Samsung one since you're asking how to get it covered by Samsung?

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: S6 Active and Marshmallow update BAD!!!!!!!! !! Help!!!!!!

First of all, start off by speaking to Samsung directly if you are sure it's software related and not a SIM card problem. [Doesn't sound like one]

Carriers like to spew misinformation a lot that they "hear" but has no first hand knowledge. Some are actually helpful and knowledgeable but those seem far and few between.