Huawei G7 Plus RIO-UL00: can't add Google Account

A

AC Question

Hi,
I bought new Huawei G7 Plus RIO-UL00, when start first time it didn't ask me to sign in a google account instead the Huawei ID which i skipped, i go to Setting -> Account there was Add Account i tap on it and there were Corporate, Email, Huawei ID, QQ i choose Email and add my Gmail account ( may be it is ), but when synchronize it was only synchronizing Emails from my account, go to contacts and there were no any contact... :( i searched on internet, some where mentioned that install play store app and sign in, i followed, it was showing my Account on settings but still can't sync my contacts, when check Account on play store app, it was not showing my Balance amount but showed apps i bought previously in my Order History, on PC it is showing Balance amount too.
How i can get my Google Account on it completely as previous in my Honor 4C? Please help.
Regards

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
This is a Chinese device. Google is banned in China. Installing an APK for playstore MAY work. You will need to find the APK and try to install (from unknown sources) I don't know if it will work

AhmedHaroon

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Please help.... Google Apps for Huawei G7 Plus RIO UL00

i bought a new phone Huawei G7 Plus RIO-UL00, it has no Google Apps and when i go to Settings -> Accounts -> Add Account there is an option to add Email Account, i entered my gmail account info (as usual) to sync all the things especially all contacts but when tap Sync all after account creation, it synced but only emails, not even any Contact...

also i did a factory reset and installed google play store, from here i connect to my account but still it is not showing Contacts when tap on Settings -> Accounts -> Google -> [@gmail.com]

and also when check Account from google play store app, it is not showing my Balance amount but can show my order history of my purchases. when checking this from my PC it is showing my Balance amount.

Please help, what to do in this situation?

regards

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Please help.... Google Apps for Huawei G7 Plus RIO UL00

Welcome to Android Central! Your phone is most likely not certified for Google Play, so it is unlikely to be compatible with the Play Store or with Google Play Services. This is the problem with getting a device that is intended for a market like China, where Google services are mostly blocked.

AhmedHaroon

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site

thanks for reply.
yesterday i updated its firmware from B161 to B210 but didn't helped. what you inform it means i have to change it again. is there any hack to have google account? i searched about rooting it and found some links where they have mentioned to successfully rooted, so i can take risk.
regards

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I'm not sure about that. You might want to check the forums at xda-developers.com to see if there is a way to root your phone, and if someone has developed a custom ROM for it that supports Google Play Services.

AhmedHaroon

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site

i made two topics there but no satisfied answer yet ( last seen on friday ), one topic is still un-answered, already search for any custom ROM but failed to find any. i have downloaded my contacts as .vcf files from takeout.google.com and re-stored in my phone and i can use my google account from PC, install my all apps through there, no problem for me. it is new experience for me. no doubt the over all performance is very good.

thanks for your passion to help me :)
best regards