My son's both got a Samsung Galaxy 4 Tablet a year or so ago. My youngest boy's tablet will automatically power on when you go to charge it. I will try to power it off and it immediately comes back on. I know this isn't typical because my oldest son has the same tablet and it powers off and will show how far it is charged without being powered on. Any ideas or tips? I don't know much about this stuff and don't know if my son may have changed something on the tablet. I restored it to factory settings and it still will not power off when it is being charged. Thank you for any help you can give this confused mom.
    08-05-2016 12:11 AM
    When you say "will automatically power on"... do you mean from an off condition, or are you only talking about the screen turning back on? The only setting I know of has to do with keeping the "screen" on during charging... thus my question about what you really mean. The setting is in Developer Options and it's called Stay Awake. However, even if it's enabled, it shouldn't disallow you from powering off the tablet. I would think that a factory reset would have switched this setting back to default (disabled), but it might depend on how you did the factory reset... via settings or via recovery mode. If you go to Settings, do you see Developer Options listed.. if so, is Stay Awake enabled (checked)?
    08-05-2016 01:20 AM