Why my YouTube app in Android is saying, "Please check your internet connection?"

A

AC Question

This happened just today. It never happened when I woke up and even before that time. For the first time, I saw the error message when I open the YT app even though my Internet connection is as fast it can be because it can run UC Browser with no problems. I tried restarting my phone... it did not work. Then, I tried removing cache and data... it did work, but when I go to "Account" and "Sign Up," the same error appeared again. By the way, YouTube is working properly in my UC Browser.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Were you having any issues with other Google apps as well? Even though it said to check your internet connection, did the YouTube app still work?

kitsy

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue. I went into my google account and made sure all of my details were up to date. Everything is fine.
Uninstalled youtube app, cleared cache, reinstalled and updated and still getting "please check your network connection - tap to try again"

I haven't used the youtube app for approx 3 - 4 months because I haven't been able to login over that time. I haven't had time to sort this out until now.
I can login to browser mobile youtube with no issue.
Irritating.

kitsy

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Hello
Yes I checked my google accounts and everything is fine. My mobile internet is ok. I also just removed and re added my google accounts from my phone then updated YouTube again to see if that would help but it still isn't working.

I can use youtube mobile browser so I shouldn't be complaining so much.
It's just annoying that a pre installed app is not working.

I did notice when I uninstalled YouTube updates, cleared cache and force stopped etc the app that the cache appeared to clear but when I rechecked it was showing the same data.

I cleared cache, I then uninstalled updates then had to clear cache again but data keeps coming back. Is that normal for a pre installed app?

After uninstalling I'm left with this -

YouTube Version 5.5.27
Total- 6.62MB
Application- 5.79MB
Data- 188kb
SDCard Data- 660kb
Cache- 20.00kb

I just cleared it again and the data disappeared. Went back into the app settings and the data is back. I have no idea if this has anything to do with the problem though.

Thanks for replying

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Actually, see if you can disable IPv6 in your phone's APN settings. Sometimes Google servers have issues on IPv6 for unclear reasons, but do fine on IPv4. To find the APN settings, go to Settings>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names, select your main APN, and look for APN Protocol. If it's set to IPv6, change it temporarily to IPv4.

kitsy

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Damn. Wifi fixed the issue. Because of my location at the moment I can only get mobile data at home. I have a really good mobile data 4g connection but it's the only form of internet I can access at home right now. My sisters wifi sorted is straight away.

I just checked the settings to suggested (thank you for the directions because I had no idea how to get to APN protocol) and my phone is set to IPv4 with the option to change to IPv6 or IPv4/IPv6.

I really appreciate your help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Glad it's working, at least on wi-fi! See what happens if you change the APN protocol to IPv4 only (instead of IPv4/IPv6). Might not do anything, but still worth checking.

It's also worth contacting your carrier, in case there's something weird going on with their network.

Anzar277

Jun 4, 2017
Visit site
I have sorted out this issue. Here's what you can do is go to phone settings-application manager- open youtube and click uninstall updates and uninstall youtube. Go to playstore search Youtube and click install updates. hope it works for you'll guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463