In the past I connected the phone to the PC with a USB cable then just navigate to the DCIM folder in the phone directory and the pictures were all there. Then I just dragged them into a folder on the desktop, it was fast and easy. Now that I have a Galaxy S6 the pictures are stored in multiple folders in the phone directory and it's pretty much become a hassle trying to find them all. I tried using Windows media player when the phone is connected but that didn't really workout Windows media player wouldn't let me transfer the pics to the PC.

So what is the way most are user are backing up their photos ? I want to be able keep a backup of all my pictures on my PC.
    08-06-2016 11:04 AM
    I use dropbox to upload photos to a folder whenever I am connected via wifi (doesn't have to be the same wifi network).
    Google photos does the same thing.
    You could also use a program called wifi explorer (you have to be on same wifi network).
    Drobox used to automatically upload photos for me but I think now it prompts me if I want to upload them or not. It is in the dropbox settings.
    08-06-2016 12:50 PM
    Are all of the pictures taken by the phone's camera, or are they downloaded from other sources? Or do you have different camera apps that you use? All photos taken by the stock Camera app should be saved to /DCIM/Camera, so you shouldn't have to look anywhere else. If you use 3rd party camera apps, they may save to their own directory.
    Laura Knotek and nahoku like this.
    08-07-2016 12:18 AM