Can someone help explain why android os is using so much of my battery?

A

AC Question

The battery on my Samsung galaxy Tab 4 drains frustratingly fast. I went to check what was using most of my battery and android os was using 135% of my battery. Don't understand how it could even use that much. Can anybody help?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The battery on my Samsung galaxy Tab 4 drains frustratingly fast. I went to check what was using most of my battery and android os was using 135% of my battery. Don't understand how it could even use that much. Can anybody help?
Welcome to the forums! Without root especially, it is hard to tell. That is really a "bucket" for a lot of things.

Have you reset the tablet? Did it upgrade recently?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It would help to see your battery stats. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal if your tablet has 4G capability).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph (again, if your tablet has 4G capability).