Phone not charging properly or retaining charge

A

AC Question

My samsung s6 is not charging properly or retaining charge, it normally gets to 100% in like an hour but I left it on charge Friday night and only got 53% then last night only 20% and if I use it whilst it's charging it goes down and it goes down superfast whilst I'm out (sending a snapchat or checking maps etc takes 2%!). I'm currently travelling around Europe and rely on the phone for maps and stuff but can't get my phone into a shop :( any suggestions????

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like your cable has given up on you. If there's a poor connection it will still charge or appear to charge while not delivering much power to the battery. This is a bad scenario tho because it can kinda be like a short circuit. This can lead to the battery getting really hot during charging cycles and heat kills lithium batteries, which would explain your rapid discharge also. The least expensive thing to do is simply replace the cord. If that solves your issue, which I'd say is the case better than 80% of the time, great. If not the plug unit may be failing. That's usually rare tho. A bad cable also explains your inability to use the device while charging too. The lack of power transfer mixed with the consumption is not good either because it can lead to an over heating battery.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
My samsung s6 is not charging properly or retaining charge, it normally gets to 100% in like an hour but I left it on charge Friday night and only got 53% then last night only 20% and if I use it whilst it's charging it goes down and it goes down superfast whilst I'm out (sending a snapchat or checking maps etc takes 2%!). I'm currently travelling around Europe and rely on the phone for maps and stuff but can't get my phone into a shop :( any suggestions????
Welcome to the forums!

Are you having any other issues?