When I click an mp3 from either Downloads manager, or from OI File Manager, then the mp3 player that pops up is this one:

(I wanted to include a link to a screenshot here but the forum complains it looks like spam.)
    How about this: postimg.org/image/ezwm5a5h1/
    The app looks like a small, plain, white window that only covers about 20% of the screen, with a horizontal orange progress bar, and the mp3 track name in black text below that, and a black play/pause icon next to that on the right. Nothing else.

I want to change the default mp3 player app to something else, but apparently to do that I have to find this app in my 'settings/Apps' - and I can't find it. It doesn't seem to be Google Play Music. When I go to Settings/Apps/Google Play Music/Opens by Default/ it says:

Open supported links: ask every time
    Supported links: Open music.google.com and related URLs
    Other defaults: No defaults set

I don't have any other music/mp3 related apps installed (except the brand new app I just installed, that I want to use as default instead of whatever the above screenshot is.)

Does anyone have any ideas what I should try? Thanks.

I could try deleting the 'open' prefs for every app I have installed, but, yuck.
    08-08-2016 10:44 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Here's how to post screenshots: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-central.html. You'll need to be registered and logged in on AC.

My guess is that your file manager app has its own basic mp3 player--this is the case with Total Commander as well, which is what I use. Try going to Settings>Apps, select the file manager app, and Clear Defaults. If that doesn't work, you could go to Settings>Apps, tap Menu, then Reset All App Preferences, which will clear all app defaults (and also re-enable any disabled apps).
    08-08-2016 10:43 PM