How can I stop "apps with usage access" popping up?

A

AC Question

I recently got a new phone, its not a great phone but it was cheap and has a big screen.
About every 2 or 3 minutes a popup saying "Apps with usage access" comes on to the screen and pauses the youtube video or stops what I am doing.
It's very frustrating.
I know what it is and what it is for, but I don't know how to stop it from popping up.
If anybody else has this same issue or anybody who knows a solution. Please help me, otherwise, ill have to get a new phone, as it is genuinely unusable like this.

laotzu_6

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
This is what it looks like

Mutin143

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
Uninstall your google play services because it is a virus. Try to install antivirus.. It will show that google play services is a threat.. Or you can factory reset ur phones... Tnx me later..

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Uninstall your google play services because it is a virus. Try to install antivirus.. It will show that google play services is a threat.. Or you can factory reset ur phones... Tnx me later..

I am not inclined to agree. Play Services is what makes all the other Google services tick. Without it, there is no access to the Play Store, most Google services would cease to function correctly, if at all, and lastly, viruses are very rare on most smartphones.

okong

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Bought my mom an android phone with the Lollipop version and this is also a problems. Keeps popping up all the time. I say about every 2 to 3 minutes and is very annoying. Could be a bug? How can this be disabled?

yaturner

Oct 17, 2017
Visit site
Bought my mom an android phone with the Lollipop version and this is also a problems. Keeps popping up all the time. I say about every 2 to 3 minutes and is very annoying. Could be a bug? How can this be disabled?

what this means is that an app is attempting to use the new (in API 21) AppUsageManager to obtain information about the other applications on your phone. Every time the app runs it must ask for that permission again, it is not a permission you can permanently grant like write_external_storage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz