Okay, so quick story. I've had my Droid Turbo for close to 2 years now (around the time it came out). Everything has been going well until a couple hours ago. I was driving and I needed to use Google Maps for GPS, but the app kept crashing. This wasn't too unusual, so I turned my phone off and on. When I did, the app worked fine and I was able to get to where I needed to be.

However, when I checked my texts afterwards, everything had been deleted, save a couple of one or two responses I sent to maybe 9 people last year (it was very random). I initially assumed that my texts would come back after a certain amount of time, or if I restart my phone, but no such luck. I'm trying to look up ways to recover my data, but all the programs I see want money and advertise it as a way to restore things when one "accidentally deletes" text messages. This wasn't the case for me -- my phone just went crazy and deleted them. I would like my texts back, as I've been transferring them from phones since ~2010, and now it feels like a major part of my history has been deleted.

All my apps, pictures, and everything else are fine. My texts are the only things with problems.

Thank you all for your help,
    Chuck
    08-10-2016 01:40 AM