I have a LG G2. I can connect to public wi-fi (McDonald's) but it's very slow....

A

AC Question

I have a LGG2 and I have no issues connection to my homes wi-fi or the public wi-fi @ work. The problem is when I'm @ McDonald's. I can connect to their wi-fi but it's very slow. A guy sitting @ the table next to me is watching tv on his laptop connected to the restaurants wi-fi. He says it's very fast here compared to other McDonald's in the area. Please help? Signed: Frustrated and Desperate!

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
My guess is that you are trying to connect on a hot spot that is receiving heavy traffic from other devices at that location.

I don't think there's going to be anything you can do to fix that issue, on a McDonald's hot spot.

paulsblueeyes2016

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
First off, I have to say I'm fairly new to all this. I've only had a smartphone 2 yrs now. If you're saying the reason why my connection was slow is there was a lot of people in the place all using the WiFi @ the same time, it's wasn't the case. We were 2 (maybe 3). Also, my phone said I had a connection speed of 65 Mbps. That's good for public WiFi, yes?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12