Google Play Music Personal Playlist Shuffle Problems with Android Auto

A

AC Question

I am having trouble figuring out the criteria for being able to activate "shuffle" on a personal playlist in Google Play Music? I'm using the latest version of Android Auto and Google play music in my 2016 VW Golf through a Samsung Galaxy 4 using Android version 5.0.1.

I have gotten it to work once, but not sure how. Here is the history: The first time I tried activating 'shuffle' on a personal playlist, I was driving at the time and had not chosen to download all the songs to my phone. After downloading the songs and then getting back into the car, I was able to activate shuffle before driving. It also seemed to work while driving, giving me the option to toggle it on and off, so I concluded that the problem must have been that I had not yet downloaded all the songs to my phone. Reasonable enough.

Now this morning I updated to the latest Google play music version on my phone. Shuffle is not enabled on any of my personal playlists and it would not let me change it while driving. When I came to a stop and parked the car, I tried pressing shuffle on my playlist and it still would not work. Clearly, the songs are all downloaded and this has worked fine for a week but all of a sudden it's not after an app update. So now I'm thinking that I don't understand what I did to get it working the first time. :- How the heck does this work?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge